Custom Search

Friday, April 3, 2009

FIRST REMARKS OF THE 6TH PM OF MALAYSIA

PM and his family

YAB Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, the newly appointed as the sixth Prime Minister has enlightened the rakyat of Malaysia with his first remarks which were broadcasted on TVs and Radios tonight.

His remarks include the announcement that the government has decided with immediate effect, to remove the temporary ban on TWO news publications, release THIRTEEN detainees from ISA detention, and conduct a comprehensive review of the Internal Security Act.

The PM's full remarks are as follows:


  1. On behalf of all Malaysians, I would like to thank YABhg. Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi for his 31 years of exemplary public service to our country, his commitment to strengthening the institutions and fabric of our democracy and for his graceful example as our leader.

  2. I am grateful to YABhg. Tun for his confidence in proposing my name as Prime Minister to Duli Yang Maha Mulia Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong, and I am honoured that His Majesty has consented to my appointment with this morning’s swearing-in ceremony. I feel a deep sense of humility at the opportunity to serve as your Prime Minister at an important time in our nation's history.

    My life has been dedicated to public service. Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment